Thursday, July 16, 2009

{A New Box For Baby}

This cute box is on its way to an old friend and her baby-on-the-way. I haven't seen the room, so I am hoping I got the colors right. I find myself making these boxes a lot when I know someone is expecting.... it's a cute decoration in a nursery and it's great for keepsakes and a little piece of that first nursery that can be saved forever. ALL my nieces and my nephew have them and I am pretty sure they grace the shelves of several of my friends homes as well.
I used some vintage and new ribbon and lace I found on Etsy... PERFECT for this box!

I have been getting pretty creative with embellishments. I wanted to stay SOMEWHAT simple with this one, so I just used a mix of paper flowers, crystals and brads all found in the scrap booking section of your local art supply store.


All of the paper squares are hand cut by yours truly... I know I know, you think I'm crazy! But really, this is pretty "therapeutic" for me! I enjoy tedious projects and besides, I can never find the pre-cut squares in the paper I want. Maybe in the future I will invest in one of those fancy machines to do the work for me... for now this works.







My newest boxes are finished with a high-gloss spray varnish. I LOVE how this makes them look. Very finished and clean.

I hope Mom, Dad and Baby like this little box!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful box, Jessie! I love the colors, the embellished details and the shiny finish. Great job...I'm sure they'll love it!....By the way, the new photograph of you in the sidebar is really pretty. You were such a gorgeous bride! LOVE the hair!

    ReplyDelete