Tuesday, July 6, 2010

{South Carolina Vacation - Part 2}


Yes,... another one of THESE crazy picture posts. See, and the thing is that I pick pictures that are virtually the same, but in MY mind, they are so so different and I can't choose. I'm a dork,... I'm aware.

Back to the topic at hand. I did mention that my mom and I did quite a bit of crafting while we were at the beach so let me quickly run through what went down.

Below: Dining room turned sewing room.
Remember this quilt post? Well, I just got around to quilting it at the beach. Talk about PUTTING THINGS OFF. (I'm beginning to see a trend with that......)
So, "Simply-A-Bloom" (from Roslyn of Bloom) was basted...
Stippled...
and stippled some more.
Remember this quilt post? I finally finished piecing the "Wild Thing" quilt top. (pattern from Camille of Thimble Blossoms) It too was basted, but not stippled.
Below: Craft Hope dish cloths in the making.
You might recognize those yummy colored cloths below :) (and yes, we did watch The Holiday, its my all time FAVORITE movie! Probably seen it about 100 times,... "totally brill")
Mom decided to get back into crochet and lent a helping hand with some Craft Hope dish cloths as well. (below)
This is the mess that we made,.... and continued to grow throughout the week. Lovely right??


Yummy, Yummy dish cloths.
And, as if I didn't already have enough projects started,.... I got sucked into the Hexagon trend!! I actually really really enjoy hand sewing/stitching/embroidery so I decided to give these little Hexa-squares a try. (my husband made that word up :) These hexies are ALLLLL the rage on the crafty inter-webs,.... and so adorable, I couldn't resist.
Everyone is right too, they are very addicting, and a lot of fun.
The NINE (turned ten) hour drive home was the perfect time to finish hand-stitching the binding on the Bloom quilt...
(finished!!!!!)
AND there was even some time leftover for some hexa-squaring. PERFECT little travel project.
So, there you have it. ONE completed quilt (which I will post about later). One basted quilt, one NEW quilt project started,... yeah. And one Craft Hope project almost completed. It was a great, productive, and still relaxing trip. I wouldn't have been able to get so much done with my quilts if I didn't have my mom there to help me! Thanks Mom!

7 comments:

  1. I cannot think of any better vacation than being at the beach in a lovely beach house and sewing up a storm. My problem is that I would be so exhausted from the playing in the ocean I might not get any crafting done!

    The quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dodthroum! The quilt looks totally awesome, and the dishtowels are super cute! Not to mention your lovely photos! I love reading your blog, and I hadn't read it in lie a week until yesterday. It's so much fun to look at what you've been working on! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn how to crochet such beautiful dishcloths as yours! Do you know where I can find simple instructions for crochet-dummies like myself who need to relearn? (chelssurfs at gmail dot com)
    PS: I really, really, really love your site. It satiates the restless craft girl within. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your lovely blog as I was playing around on pinterest. The adorable cloths is what got me! I have been crocheting some also. Mine are all solid colors and yours are so pretty. Wish I could find a pattern for some like those. Maybe I can make my own up. (tee hee). I have made some little hexies before also. What did you do with yours? I haven't done anything with mine yet. I may make a wallet to match a purse that I am working on. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you able to send the awesome dishcloth pattern that you made for Craft Hope? We would love to make some to raise money to save more beagles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to know the yarn and pattern you used on those beautiful dish cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I could find the pattern, yarn etc you used for the dish clothes they are so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete